Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, February 13, 2011

You Look Fine to Me....

These are the five words I have come to hate! I know I am not alone, for there are numerous others who silently suffer from this terrible disease of Fibromyalgia all over the world. They all have varying degrees of symptoms. For me, I have had periods of time when I have been almost fine with minimal symptoms but boy when it hits again...it hits with a fury! Researchers haven't completely figured out the whys to it all but most people who have it have had some illness or injuries that precipitated it,or perhaps a traumatic event. Well, I definitely have had all of that...Illness, injuries, and traumatic events in my past. Whatever caused it doesn't matter..what matters is that I have it along with everyone else who does and it makes for a very frustrating life. Friends and family don't get it. They can't understand that yesterday you were out and about feeling and looking fine and now today you are laying on the couch acting like you are in extreme pain! Well that is exactly the way it is! One day you are fine, then the next day you are not! It is unpredictable. The muscle pain can be excruciating and no amount of muscle relaxers are enough! The sensation that you are being poked with pins and needles is not a pleasant thing, along with the extreme fatigue. Oh...I forgot to mention the migraine headaches, irritable bowel, combined with bone and joint problems that can be combined with this. Over the years, I have been in and out of the hospital more times than I can count and have had more doctors and medical tests than most people have in a lifetime. There are many other issues that are involved with Fibromyalgia and I am finding out new ones almost every day lately. Basically it is a very painful condition and it can be very depressing to handle. I try to stay positive and to do that I do a lot of praying and writing, and do my best to surround myself with the most positive people I can... What I don't need in my life is people cutting me down, criticizing, analyzing my every move and adding stress to my life. Stressful situations precipitate the symptoms so of course if I am smart, I am going to stay away from those situations that make me feel tense and uncomfortable. I decided to write this today so that all of my friends and family both far and near would maybe make an effort to understand a bit more clearly why it is I avoid certain situations and why I am the way I am. I do have problems making plans ahead of time even one day ahead of time...I never know how I will feel.  Please be patient with me! If you want to know more about Fibromyalgia please go to their website and please stop saying to me...."You look Fine to me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share