Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, February 25, 2011

Just a Little Grain




A lot of times in my life I guess I have mocked at the idea of faith; thinking it was just a made up bunch of hooey, to make people feel better. There were some things happened that caused me to be angry and think that God couldn't possibly be real, or if He was He certainly didn't care about my petty little life! I know where you are at if you are one of those  who laugh at the idea of prayer and think it is just a myth or a psychic bunch of crap. I have always heard stories of "great men of faith" and wondered how they were any different than anyone else. Just a little grain of mustard seed of faith, is all it takes?  That is not much. A grain of mustard seed is very tiny. So, I don't have to have a lot of faith.??......just a little? Well I know that is true! There have been so many times when I have cried out to God about things and just believed in my heart that He was listening. He has proved Himself to me over and over. He has heard me talk to Him about so many things and I have watched Him do some wonderful things! I don't have to wait until I am perfect to come to Him...He lets me talk to Him just the way I am. The main thing is, that I have the faith to believe that He is listening. I have learned to talk to God about everything! I don't pray big lofty prayers and to be honest, I don't like to pray in public, because I like to keep my conversation between me and God. Don't give up on praying. I heard someone say they don't know how to pray....you know how to talk. Just talk. He'll listen. Then, just believe in your heart that he heard you. He is the best one that I have ever in my life, had a conversation with, to be quite honest! I can talk and talk and talk.... He never interrupts and never is distracted; is never rude.  I talk and He listens and then he goes to work on my behalf. I don't have a lot of faith...just a little grain like a mustard seed; but that is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share