Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Honey Or Vinegar

We've all heard the saying,"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."  By nature I am a feisty person who likes to get my own way. I have toned that down a lot from my younger years. I used to get pretty fired up at just about everything and everyone! I was a little spit- fire even as a kid.. It really didn't accomplish one thing other than to give me a headache! As we grow up and mature into adults, hopefully along that journey, we learn to bite our tongue and refrain from saying everything that pops into our mind! Spiteful, hateful, and demeaning words don't really help any situation; rather they fuel the flames of an argument. It is difficult to be around someone who is continuously snappy and angry without getting angry and lashing back in our own defense or justification. Proverbs 15:1 says, "A soft answer turneth away wrath but grievous words stirreth up anger." I have tried this, and know that it works; although I have to admit I have not mastered it! I have to keep reminding myself to do it. Words have more power than we sometimes give them credit for. They can either pierce someone through like a sword and destroy their spirit or they can be refreshing as a cold drink on a summer day! The thing about words is once they are out of our mouth, they can't be recalled! They have a way of  staying  with us and haunting our sleep and festering until they become a resentment and a bigger problem. May my words be more honey and less vinegar.
Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord......."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share