Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, February 27, 2011

What Are The Odds?



I've pretty much got all of the Dr. Seuss books down by heart! Over the years I've read them all and gotten a laugh out of them. I realize that there are some that don't like his writings but I have to chuckle when I think that Dr. Seuss, whose real name was Theodore Geisel,  was laughed at by his college buddies and told his drawings and writings were worthless! They just couldn't match his style! I am sure there are many other inventors and authors and such, that I could use as an example of someone who succeeded in spite of severe criticism and mocking, but I happen to love the Dr. Seuss books and bought them for my new grandson who is only two months old...really as an excuse so I could pull them out and read them again! Dr. Seuss was 89 yrs. old when he died and had written 48 very famous children's books!  That has really got me to thinking about this today....You may not think that you are any good at what you do, or might be told that your dreams and visions are not as good as the next person's but you may just be that odd ball that is needed! The odds may be stacked against you; or so it seems, but if God is for you then nothing or no one can stand against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share