Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Doctor's Orders!

If you've read my profile or you happen to know me personally, you are aware of the fact that I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, amongst other health issues. I now have a Primary Doc, Neurologist, Gastroenterologist, and Orthopedic Surgeon. So, as you can imagine, there are many appointments and new ideas and new medications to get used to. This horrible ailment is not caused by that terrible thing called "STRESS" that we all have in our everyday life; however, the symptoms get worse and worse whenever  it is present. I do not fully understand  it all myself yet, and am reading all I can, but it has something  to do with the nervous system. Of course you also know by reading my profile, or if you know me, that I am also caregiver for my husband. For all of you who do know me personally, you know it is a challenge both physically and mentally! Maybe someone out there in " blog reading land" knows what taking care of a brain injured spouse entails. Not very many people seem to realize the full impact; not on just me, but on my husband as well. There have been many changes to deal with emotionally and physically. Needless to say the stress level is high! I have had to learn to follow my doctor's orders. I was told I absolutely have to reduce my stress level and try to relax. I have learned something that works better than any drug they can give to me. "PRAY MORE STRESS LESS". I like to paint barn boards and I was going to paint this phrase on one so I could keep reminding myself each morning. I knew I should have done it last summer because now I cannot. I just had carpal tunnel surgery in the left wrist, about a month ago and it isn't healing properly. I think it is on hold for now. I am reminded to carry everything to God in prayer. There is nothing  too small to take to Him. Psalm 116:1-2: "I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share