Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Whiter Than Snow


Winter here in the Northwoods is more than plentiful with that white fluffy stuff that so many people like to play in.....SNOW! I have to admit, for me, it is NOT my favorite season, since the sub-zero temperatures that we get up here wreak havoc on my aches and pains! I prefer to stay warm! A nice cozy wood stove burning, a cup of hot chocolate in my hand, feet wrapped up in  a nice warm blanket, along side my doggie on the couch....that is where you will find me on a very cold day! In spite of the fact that I have no tolerance for the cold temperatures, I love the beauty of the snow! It always amazes me at how white it is when it is freshly fallen. There is nothing that is purer or whiter. It is so beautiful to look out upon the pine trees with the snow frosting the branches and the fields with a fresh blanket in the morning! I can't help but be reminded that God has promised me that all of my sins have been forgiven and are in His sight as white as the freshly fallen snow! That is amazing!  Isaiah 1:18 "..though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow."  Psalm 51:7 "..wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." Now that is clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share