Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Simple Smile

 A simple smile can change somebody's  terrible day into a more tolerable one.
It's easy to hurry past people and never notice them. I was reminded of this one day last week when I was feeling down and was at the post office and a kind older man went out of his way to open the door for me and smiled. It made me feel so much better for that moment. It also made me wonder how many lonely or sad people I have passed by without so much as giving them a smile? Maybe it would have made a difference in their day. It takes less muscles to smile than to frown, yet more people have a scowl on their face than a smile. We used to sing this song at school, ( and really we got sick of singing it!) but I was reminded of it once again when thinking about this.
You can smile, if you can't say a word
You can smile, if you cannot be heard
You can smile, if it's cloudy or fair
You can smile, anytime, anywhere!
It doesn't cost us anything to give away a smile to a stranger and yet the investment may be more far reaching than we may ever know. Even my dog "Honey" can muster up a smile when I ask her to smile! And sometimes she just runs up to me and smiles on her own just because.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share