Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mommy Can You Fix This?

If you are a mom then you know there have been numerous times when your child has come to you with a toy that is broken. Usually it is pretty dramatic with tears gushing in urgency of needing to be fixed immediately!! It needs your attention right now!;it just won't wait for you to finish the dishes, or the vacuuming, or anything else that you are doing at the moment of emergency! "Mommy, can you fix this?", are words we have heard as moms over and over, whether it is to glue an arm back onto a GI Joe  or to put a head back on a Barbie, or sew an eyeball back onto a teddy bear...we have all been there done that! We love our kids, so out of a heart of compassion, we tell them to go get all of the pieces involved and we proceed to fix whatever needs fixing. Our Heavenly Father does the exact same thing for us....He looks down upon us when we cry to Him that we have a broken heart. We ask if He can fix it? He tells us to give Him all of the pieces . So simple.....God will heal your broken heart if you give Him all the pieces!
Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."


No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share