Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, February 21, 2011

Take Time

For years my life was very busy; starting usually around five am and not ending until around eleven pm. Busy with kids, teaching duties, school and church activities. I was on the go constantly. My life has taken a few curves and changes over the past few years, and of course the kids are all grown and out of the nest so things are different. I have taken on a very different role as my husband has had a brain injury so I am home full-time. In a way, I have been forced to slow down. It has been a difficult adjustment for me. I prefer to be busy, but with my own health issues, it is probably a good thing; actually I should say it is a good thing. I am finding that I actually am noticing the "Little" things that I never took the time to notice before. I am still up at five am  many mornings drinking my coffee, but I am not in a stressed out hurry and flurry to get out the door. Instead I sit and notice the sun as it starts to rise and notice how beautiful it is first thing in the morning! I noticed this morning how gorgeous the freshly fallen snow looked on the pine trees out front! I noticed that I am beginning to hear a few more birds in the mornings....hopefully that means Spring is around the corner! I noticed there is a small nest in the doorway where I let my dog out each morning and there will soon be baby birds in there just as last year. So many of these little things I used to let go unnoticed because I was in too big of a hurry to live my life in the fast lane! I am thankful that I have had to slow down. I am thankful that I am learning to enjoy the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share