Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Good Listener

I was realizing that one of my strong suits is I have the gift of gab! I love to talk. Most of the time I talk too much and say way more than I should and therefore end up getting my foot in my mouth way too many times! I have been so annoyed so many times at people that just don't take the time to stop and listen to what I have to say! Especially when I barely get through the sentence and they are already distracted with something or someone else as if what I have to say is unimportant. I was thinking about that this morning as I was sitting here on my sofa...up above my living room entryway is a wooden sign that reads,"Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God.". He must feel the same way some times...I don't stop and listen to what He is saying to ME! Maybe if we just would be quiet He would get the chance to speak! What He has to say is important. I know He speaks through His word but sometimes when we get alone and just get quiet He speaks as well." Be still and know that I am God." I know I need to be a better listener. The awesome thing about the friendship of God is, He is also an awesome listener. He takes the time to hear everything I have to say and cares! I love Jer. 33:3 " Call unto me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share