Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quityerbellyaching!


Maybe if you are a little bit more sophisticated than me, (and that doesn't take much!); you may not know what this "Quityerbellyaching" means. It is the way the country folk tell other country folk to just  knock off all of the complaining and negativity! This sign hangs in my house along with my other country signs that I adore! I think I  bought this one with my hubby in mind, to keep him in check! It serves as a reminder to myself as well, when I find myself getting too negative and grumpy. It is easy to do when you have aches and pains galore, believe me! I have found that the best way to counteract these negative "bellyaching" moods is to start speaking positive words. I admit, especially in the morning before I've had my double dose of coffee and prayer, it just doesn't come very easily! However, as I begin, it starts to flow a bit better, like the maple syrup from the bottle; slow at first and then, boom! It is flowing with a vengeance! I can always find something to be thankful for no matter what is going on. If I just start thanking God for little things then pretty soon I am finding more to be thankful for and less to "bellyache" about! I know that you can still praise Him in the storm and thank Him even when you don't feel like it! Psalm 63:5 "..my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share