Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Peace Like A River




Noise can sap you of rest! A loud car stereo booming with music, noisy neighbors arguing, or just plain chatter whether upsetting or not, can be so annoying when you are seeking quiet. Sometimes it's good to be alone and be quiet just to get renewed and refreshed. I think that is why I love to get outdoors in the summertime. I love to walk through the fields and admire the flowers, listen to the birds and walk down to the creek and listen to the water rippling over the rocks. It is soothing and peaceful. First thing in the morning is peaceful as well, before the rest of the world is moving around and noisy. Even Jesus needed to be alone at times. He was constantly surrounded by crowds of people that were following Him for some kind of sign or wonder. In the morning, before it was day, He went out by Himself, sometimes up to the mountain to pray.
"In the morning I will direct my prayer unto you and will look up" ~ Psalm 5:3
When I look up then I can have the "peace that passes understanding". ~ Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share