Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Red Pump

This old house we are living in was built in 1912. There was no plumbing in it even up until 2002, when we moved into it. It belonged to my husband's grandfather. My daughter, was  not thrilled to say the least; to find that she would have to pump water with this pump and then heat it on the stove in a pan in order to wash the dishes! After all, it was 2002, not 1912!! We did get the plumbing in shortly after moving in. Recently I was in the basement and came across the pump that we had laid aside after we put in the new sink. A sudden urge of thankfulness came over me as I remembered the days, though short-lived; of pumping that pump and heating that water! People back in 1912 had no other way. I got that old pump out of the basement, gave it a new coat of paint, and attached it to my counter; as a decoration for one thing, but also to remind me to be thankful for ordinary things like running water, and hot water at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share