Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Feel Your Pain

I don't think I have ever experienced pain. What? You may think I am crazy but ....compared to what I am feeling right now... is what I mean.  I have been in labor...have had a bunch of different kinds of surgeries.... but this lung thing that I have going on is the worst pain I have ever had in my entire life. I feel like my ribs have all been broken and my chest has been sat on and my lungs have a knife in them. I am a little more than a little bit irritable right now.....it is hard to be nice when you are hurting! It is hard to even want to be around anyone when you are hurting! I was thinking on this.... When Jesus was on the cross and suffering in agony...he had people all around gawking at him and mocking him and spitting on him! He endured all of that agony for me. Then for him to be able to have a forgiving  attitude in the midst of his extreme pain and anguish ....only the son of God could do such a thing. I feel like punching someone out or kicking someone or something when I have that much pain.... and I can pop a few pain pills and go lay down and shut myself up in a room away from everyone if I want. I am glad that I have a God that knows the pain that I am going through and relates. He understands how I feel and cares. Sometimes that is all we need... someone to understand what we are going through, how we really feel , and just to know that someone cares. I know that He went through way worse suffering for me and He obviously cares about me or He wouldn't have done that! Maybe you think no one understands the pain You are going through and no one cares. You are wrong. Jesus does feel your pain and He does care.

 I Peter 5 :7 " Casting all your care upon Him for He cares for you."

1 comment:

  1. Kathy I am still praying that this pain will go away....you take care and do as the drs. say and maybe it won't take long....((((SOFT HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share