Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, July 1, 2011

How Do You Do IT?

You Just Do It! I was asked this question so many times over and over years ago as I carted my children along with me everywhere I went, especially in the summertime when there was no school; but even before that, when they were just babies. The oldest who really wasn't very old, now that I look back at this.... was such a "little Mommy" to the others. She would push one double baby stroller and I the other, and we would take a walk. I had twins twice! Plus ......Jen was only about 3 and 1/2 . She seemed so much older for her age! She thought she had her own little babies. We would get the strangest looks at the grocery store and now I realize why. Who wouldn't stare? Here I was...trying to push one stroller with two infants, and trying to push a grocery cart with the other hand at the same time, then Jen pushing the other stroller. Wow...no wonder people kept asking me.... "How do you do it?" And I never really knew what to tell them... I just did what I had to do... I had no choice. I didn't have help. There was no family around... no nanny, no best friend to call and say, " come on over I need to run out for a few minutes"....etc. It was me, myself, and I! So I did what any good mother would do.... I did it! Sometimes we are in situations that seem so impossible to bear  and other people may even look at it and say ... "how in the world do you do it?" All you can do is  "Do it"!  I was thinking on this as I await my test results and my diagnosis, and wonder how people with cancer cope with it? Duh! I just clunked myself on the head.... same answer, you big dummy! You Do what you have to Do, and  when the time comes to handle things, God gives wisdom and strength to cope. I have made a lot of wrong choices and suffered some pretty dire consequences because of them, but when I wait on God and make the choices He wants, I end up a lot better off. He always has a much better way of working things out than I do! I say to all of my faithful blog readers I could use a lot of prayer right now.... some of you know why and some maybe not, but I am in a situation that needs to be handled for my own health's sake and I have no clue what to do... so in such a situation.... I ask for  "God to be God" and do " Something"  because I am at the point of being able to do "nothing" about it....maybe this is just where He wants me so that when someone next time asks me ...."How do you do it?" .... I can say..."Only the grace of God..."

Psalm 9:9 "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble."                                                                                                                                                                        Proverbs 1:33 "But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely and shall be quiet from fear of evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share