Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, July 8, 2011

MERCY

"MERCY"......what does it exactly mean anyway? For some weird reason it keeps on popping up everywhere around me... on TV, reading material, even on a license plate! I began really thinking on this word.... my dear southern friend always said..."Lord have Mercy" and I too have picked up on that habit. Mercy is compassion, favor, blessing. Thankfully, the Lord does have mercy. He does show compassion, that is for sure. I looked further into this mercy thing... it can also mean showing  kindness and benevolence to people who do not deserve it; a willingness to grant favors and not be rude! Wow I found this to be interesting. The opposite of "Mercy" then, is to be cold- hearted, pitiless, unsympathetic, merciless, unforgiving and holding a grudge. I realize more and more how much mercy has been shown me by my loving Father in Heaven, and am so thankful that He in no way is out to hurt me or do anything rude, vengeful, or manipulative in my life! I fully trust that He has my "Best" interest in mind whenever He allows anything in my life. I am so thankful for mercy . May I be willing to show mercy.
Psalm23:6 " Surely...goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share