Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Memories By The Sea

Ahh.. I do have many memories by the sea.....the 4th of July always joggles my brain and brings them back to the surface and I find my heart longing more than ever to be there on the edge of the world with the fog rolling in and the sound of the lighthouse  in the background. I am so jealous when I look and see all of my friends taking vacations to this favorite place of mine and here I sit on my sofa wishing I could be walking along that pebbly seashore combing the beach for sea glass to add to my collection or looking for driftwood or just plain old sitting and admiring the squawking seagulls! I can smell the salty air if I close my eyes and imagine. If I had a genie in a bottle I would definitely rub that bottle and make my three wishes.... ONE ...transport me to my favorite spot on Earth.....TWO....enough money to eat all of the fried clams and blueberry ice cream cones I want from all of the little roadside stands along route one.... and THREE...bring back all my cousins and friends from yesteryear and let's have a big picnic and good old time once again! I can't be there this weekend on this 4th of July... but in my heart and mind that's where I am and if I can ever get there on a 4th of July again in this lifetime... it will be like a dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share