Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Choose Your Campsite Wisely

I love to go camping. Not really sure why...since it really is a lot of work when you think about it. I haven't been yet this summer due to my health and my surgery but I am determined that at some point before fall it will happen! I don't think an RV equipped with air conditioner and TV and DVD player is really camping... I enjoy sleeping in a tent and sitting around a campfire. Sleeping in a tent can be relaxing..if you pick your campsite carefully! If however you are not careful and you end up setting up your tent in the wrong place it can be nothing but trouble! I have had the experience of having my tent in the wrong place ...noisy campers, up all hours of the night, or maybe my tent was down in a rut and it rained all night and I ended up floating in a few inches of water by morning....not too fun! I have found out the hard way that raccoons and other nighttime critters love dumpsters so stay away from campsites that are near them! I certainly would not choose to put my tent down there on purpose! There are so many other campsites to choose from so why would I plant my tent in an unpleasant place when I could choose to be somewhere else? If you want your camping experience to be a relaxing and pleasant one then you need to be careful about choosing your campsite. Always check out the neighborhood before you build your campsite or you may be really sorry you pitched your tent there. There may be other critters living in the nearby woods that have been inhabiting it before you ever arrived on the site and they may not be so excited about you interrupting their life in the big woods. You may be wishing you had never built your campsite there. If you do not like bugs or bears or snakes or raccoons.... then stay out of their campsite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share