Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Like A Butterfly

I hate losing things! It is so darn frustrating. Yesterday we ended up spending a good portion of our day looking for something that had been either misplaced or lost and it was not a fun way to spend the afternoon. Short term memory problems are not a fun thing to have either as you just can't recall what, when, where, or why,  and whoever is trying to help you recall, is just an annoyance! So I think that looking for something that is lost, is like trying to catch a butterfly that is fluttering all around your head. You keep trying to capture it with your hands and maybe go around in circles to ensnare it, but the more you swipe at it and try, the more you miss it! Our searching high and low everywhere for the item that was lost, resulted in no item retrieved; but I soon decided it was not worth getting upset over and was high time to just forget it! I am sure that the offending item will show up and land right smack in front of us somehow at a time when we no longer need it or are in want of it! I have had this experience with butterflies before.....I never have been too good at catching them but I do know that after a while if you just sit still and stop swiping at them they may just come quietly and land on you! Sometimes I think we search for other things like happiness this way too and look in all the wrong places. We sometimes need to just "Be Still".

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share