Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, June 13, 2011

And The Green Grass Grew All Around!





Yesterday was a gorgeous day here and I was not about to waste it sitting in the house even though I really did not feel well. I figured I am going to be cooped up in the hospital for a few days and then who knows how long in the house after that...so out I went. I grabbed my cane and the husband with his cane and off we trucked into our backyard wilderness....both of us huffing and puffing for breath.. God knows if either of us had a problem way back there in the woods...no one would probably find us until next hunting season...but whatever, we just needed to get out of the house! I was amazed at how green everything was and how grown up it was once again. The ticks of course were out in full force which we later found out as we picked many off  throughout the evening! There is something calming about walking in the woods. If you are quiet you will hear all sorts of wild creatures and maybe even see some. Up in front of me a ways there was a rustling of the bushes and then a quick shadow of something......maybe a deer... a bear... who knows? Then we came upon a quail....a chipmunk that sat upon a large rock and did not move a speck as we watched him. If I knew my different kinds of birds, which I do not, then I would be able to tell you about all of the different sounds they make on a quiet day in the depth of our woods. I love to be outside in the summer...especially in the woods and near water. We are fortunate to have both. The water is a bit low in the creek right now. I didn't see any fish...but I sure did see a lot of GREEN and to me that is a great sight after the long long winter that we have had. I can't believe there are already people complaining about the heat! I am so thankful for the green green green and the warmth of the sunshine on my face! I couldn't help but giggle to myself and think of the song I used to sing in the back of the old yellow schoolbus with the rounded back..."and the green grass grew all around and around and the green grass grew all around!"

Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in GREEN pastures, He leads me beside QUIET waters, He restores my soul."


No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share