Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Something About Holding Hands

I sometimes forget that God is actually right here with me. He is though. I can't see Him but His presence is real. A friend of mine asked me if I was going to be at the hospital all alone last weekend and at first I thought yeah I guess I am.....but then I realized that my "best friend" was going to be there with me the whole time. I started a prayer chain before I ever went to surgery... I am so amazed at the response that I got from it! People from all over  were praying for me while I was there in that operating room having my ribs spread open and  a pretty large portion of my lung removed. I honestly believe there were angels gathered all around that room that day and by my hospital bed the entire weekend. As I drifted in and out of sleep from the anesthetics and sedatives I felt God's presence with me. It was as if  God sent an angel to just sit by my bed and hold my hand. Yesterday I thought on this again as a friend sat at my kitchen table and held my hand, and we shared, prayed, and cried. I again felt God's presence with me and knew that He had put this friend in my kitchen at this time in my life  for a very special reason.  It is so amazing how and when He works things out. We can be assured... He always does and it is always good! Sometimes all I need to do is reach out my hand and let Him grab it...there is just something about holding hands!

Isaiah 42:6 " I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share