Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Strong Old Tree

This old tree always has caught my attention as I walk back to the creek. It is so huge. It has stood the test of time and withstood many storms and treacherous winters in the northwoods. As I lay in the hospital this week  after another agonizing surgery, I thought on this a bit. I feel like this old tree. I have seen many hard times in my life and been through many physical ailments each time seemingly worse than the previous. I feel sometimes like I have weathered enough storms already. I am done..... so ready for the storms to end and the sun to shine... I am ready to just give up already and let the storms knock me to the ground. Then I think on this tree and see how strong the trunk of it is and as I walk up close I see the roots are so thick and spread out so far and deep. This old tree isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It is grounded and standing firm. It is stronger than any storm that has rumbled through the woods. Then I wonder about myself... how strong am I? Will I make it through this storm? Is this the one that will knock me down? I have nothing left in myself to fight with anymore... I am so tired of fighting. It would just be easier to let the storm strike me and knock me over for good. What purpose is there in standing anymore? There is a purpose ...there is a reason I was born in the first place.  I am like this old tree. But I think I forgot that my roots need to get a drink to be refreshed and renewed and in order for these old branches not to dry up and fall off and break in two. The rain has to fall!  So... I say to this new storm....bring on the rain.... it will strengthen me, revive my branches, and give me new vitality!

Psalm 1: " But his delight is in the law of the Lord and in His law doth he meditate day and night. But he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of waters that bringeth forth its fruit in its season, its leaf also shall not wither and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share