Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Yellow Dress

Joyce Findlay Gallery
She had the most beautiful yellow dress any little girl of six could have. She had never worn it...she was to save it to wear for something special. She was going to wear it with her little white bobby socks that had embroidered yellow flowers on the outside of the top. Her black shiny leather shoes were a bit too big for her but she would stuff those with toilet paper in the toes to make them fit. There it hung on the outside of the closet all ready to be worn . The occasion to wear it had finally come! She was going to the zoo with another family on a Sunday afternoon. She was so excited she could hardly get to sleep. She kept peeking at her yellow dress that she so loved and could hardly wait to wear! Her weary tired head finally leaned back into the pillow and drifted off into dreams of giraffes and elephants and kangaroos that she would see at the zoo! Sun came pouring into her room and she was up and ready to get dressed and get going! Then, the call came.... there would be no need for the yellow dress today. The trip to the zoo was no longer happening.
It would have to be some other day... some other Sunday... She ran to her bedroom and cried and cried. She was not so sad about the zoo as she was about the yellow dress. She wanted so badly to wear that yellow dress and ONLY to the zoo. She would hold out and not wear it until she could go to the zoo! She waited and waited....Sunday after Sunday went by and each time she thought it would be the one that she would get to go to the zoo and wear her dress! That day never came..... that little girl was deeply disappointed and learned an important lesson at the age of six. People don't always do what they say they will do. "God keeps His promises"....she remembered her Sunday School teacher say. He is the only one who does that perfectly!

Isaiah 49:23 " Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed."








No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share