Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Free Kittens!!

Free Kittens! A sign that you might see as you drive down one of our back roads on a quiet Sunday afternoon. Kittens are always plentiful in the country! In our house we have three of them and although they are all very lovable and sweet, they do annoy the mess out of me to the point of wanting to just give them away! I think they must know that I do not feel well lately, for it seems that they are all becoming way too clingy! As soon as I lay down on the couch to rest I have one on my chest...just what I need...cat hair in my already struggling lungs!  So I gently brush this cat away with the sweep of my arm and no sooner have done that then another one is up on the back of the couch peering down at me and swiping at me with her paw! I just want to take a nap guys!  Please ...just leave me alone. I soon fall asleep. When I awaken...I now have three cats all on me!! One is on my chest purring as loudly as she can, one is on my feet doing the same and the third is on top of the back of the couch! It is as if they were watching over me while I napped; how strange. I realize they are just trying to show their love and comfort. It makes me think of angels. They are unseen...yet I believe God uses angels to help watch over us. I believe that at times they hover over us  and protect us. I can't help but think that just as these cats hover over me as I nap....there are angels among us that literally are hovering around us and protecting us at just the right place and time. I look up at the sign above the window.....Angels Gather Here....I feel safe. I know I am protected and comforted. I think these cats should probably stick around...I guess...I can put up with them since they have taught me yet another lesson in trusting in God's protection and comfort that He always provides.

Psalm 91:11 "For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;"

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share