Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'll Get You My Pretty!

The Wizard Of Oz has always been one of my favorite movies. I think just so I could watch the wicked witch and hear her say, "I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!" Riding her bicycle as the neighbor lady that hated Dorothy's little dog, she becomes the wicked witch in Dorothy's dream! I became the wicked witch on a few different Halloweens when my kids were growing up. I made my face green and I think I made a pretty good replica of the original wicked witch! I even pointed my bony finger at the kids and said I would get them...and send the flying monkeys their way! Dorothy stands up to this wicked old witch and is not intimidated. So many things come at us all at one time sometimes and it may seem like the wicked old witch has  been after us again and released her nasty little flying monkeys! The thing is ..... in reality that is what happens at times. Only it isn't a fictitious witch releasing the monkeys .... it is Satan and all of his demons.  Our God is greater...our God is bigger, our God is stronger... than any thing that Satan can throw against us. I am at times afraid and wonder how in the world things are going to work out and how I am going to escape yet another onslaught of troubles.....but I have someone fighting for me that knows the end from the beginning and sees the whole story. He knows all about the flying monkeys and the wicked witches in my life and will see to it they are taken care of! So to my wicked witch in my life...I say...."I'm not afraid of you."
2 Kings 6:16 "...Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share