Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Picture Of Strength

I guess I must have had a decent night's sleep since I actually dreamed for a change. I can't recall the entire thing but I do know one thing... there was a huge horse in it! This morning while drinking my coffee I was remembering that last night before I went to bed I had been talking to one of my daughters on the phone. This daughter happens to love horses and mentioned something about a horse in our conversation . How in the world that ended up in my dream is beyond me! There are a gazillion other things on my mind right now so I thought that was pretty funny. Anyway this morning while doing my normal morning Bible reading...I was looking something up in the Old Testament and really wasn't interested in the book of Habakkuk...I have to confess, but this verse popped out at me. "YOU TRAMPLED THE SEA WITH YOUR HORSES, CHURNING THE  GREAT WATERS."  I sat here for a second and closed my eyes and tried to picture God sitting upon the most majestic looking horse, riding above the sea as if it were just a chintzy little river. It was no accident that I opened to this passage this morning...as I glanced down further I realized what this was saying.  It is pointing out how majestic, powerful,able our God is. No matter what I am going through I can count on Him to be my strength. He IS the picture of strength!
Habakkuk 3:18-19 " ...yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on to the heights."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share