Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Doom And Gloom!


Hope is a good thing...something to hold onto. A glimmer of good in the midst of something bad. Poor Eeyore always seems down in the dumps! But thanks to his faithful friends who always come alongside to cheer him up and get him back on track...he finds cheer in the gloom! I was pondering this the other day.... have you ever had a conversation with someone and the entire conversation just seemed like "doom and gloom"? You could hear it in their voice.... in their tone...just no cheer and no hope.  I am thankful that I have hope that doesn't depend on my circumstances. Sometimes my circumstance do look like "doom and gloom" however, I don't have to let my circumstances dictate to me how I will feel. I can still have some cheer in the midst of my "gloom". There is always someone, somewhere who is way worse off than I am, and it makes me feel downright ashamed of myself for even complaining when I think on that. God is good to me and does give me the hope and strength I need when I need it. Everyone gets down sometimes and that is why friends can be important. A good friend will love you no matter what and is sensitive to your varying moods. No matter how bad your gloom may seem there is always hope. We all only have one day at a time to live and I figure why live this day being down in the dumps and focusing on the "doom and gloom" in my life? There is always something to be thankful for and always an upside to everything if you look for it.
Psalm 42:11 "Why art thou cast down O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him who is the health of my countenance, and my God."
















No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share