Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, June 27, 2011

Haters And Manipulators

Haters and manipulators!....We all have had them in our lives at one time or another. People who just can't seem to stand for you to get ahead of them in any way... or maybe just are purely jealous of your abilities so have to cut you down to everyone else? Then there are the manipulators.... I have had some of these in my life...and could truly do without them! These are the ones who you think at first are going to become great friends with you, and even, seem to have so much in common with you. They are so generous and offer everything under the sun for you to borrow or use,  but then when you do take them up on their offers they try to control and dictate to you how things will be! You would rather had not taken them up on their offer in the first place! I am not sure if you call it a sixth sense or what...but I have always had a knack at seeing through people. It usually does not take me very long to figure out whether someone is for real or not. I can tell if they are smiling at me and hating me in their heart. Sometimes, I wish I couldn't do that... but I can. I have found myself even thinking when certain people are around me...."you don't fool me...with your smiles and laughter." So...how are we supposed to handle these haters and manipulators? Love them anyway.... and let them be...don't let their hatred toward you even bother you for a second. I remember the advice a dear lady years ago gave me..."be thankful dear, for all of your faithful friends and don't you boggle your mind with those who hate you"....and at times when I begin to be overwhelmed by all of the drama  once again and worry about the haters and manipulators... I think on Cora May's words. Now she was a dear true friend! I have come to realize that it is so much better to only have a handful of true faithful friends than to have many, but not be able to confide in any. I have to say that there have been many people come in and out of my life in fifty-one years but there have only been a small handful that have remained as my true close friends and I am so thankful for each of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share