Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, June 3, 2011

Peek A Boo

I came around the corner of the old worn out shed yesterday morning with the dog pulling on the leash in one hand and my cane in the other trying to steady myself and dig into the ground so as not to  fall and break a foot like last year! The dog went crazy and started pulling to get around that shed for some reason.  I had to book it to keep up with her, and being early I was not a happy camper about it! As I looked up, there in the hole in the shed..... a momma raccoon was  trying to hoist up her baby raccoon up over the side of the shed. I didn't have my camera with me right then.... I sure wished I did. It was the cutest sight seeing that little baby just wiggling over the side squealing and the momma reaching down from the hole grasping baby tightly. I stood as quietly as I could with the dog in tow....and watched as she pulled that little baby to safety! I proceeded to put my dog into her pen out in the field and then went back to the  house for my camera in hopes that I could catch a glimpse of my new found friends. I stood there in front of the old shed quietly for a few minutes and saw nothing....but then after a little bit out popped this face! Peek A Boo.... I see you! I wonder how many babies are up there? I have a feeling that is where all of Honey's leftover doggie food has been disappearing to .....her dish is always empty in the morning, even if she left some from the day before! That's OK... I really don't mind...I love seeing the different little animals that come around here looking for food. Now I know someone is watching me.....funny I had that feeling the other day when I was out there in the field walking around. My little raccoon friends were spying on me without me noticing! I get a little laugh out of that....thinking of them watching me as I walk the dog around the field. Sometimes I think I forget that God watches me....little old me! He sees all,,,knows all and will make all things right. He  knows everything that happens to me ....even when it feels like I am all alone in it...He sees exactly what is happening and can actually do something about it....My little raccoon friends are peeking at me...just to be curious but even something so simple as this reminds me that God is always watching me.
                                                                                                                                                                                  "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers."~ 1Peter 3:12                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share