Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fields Of Green

"I see fields of green... red roses too"... blah- blah- blah- blah....blah- blah- blah- blah... "and I think to myself... what a wonderful world".... hmmm, really? Seriously? In a few weeks,  or maybe a month at max, this field of green will have turned to a poopy brown and the leaves will be changed also, and there will be a very cool chill in the air. Blah!  I guess you could call this the  "blah humbug" of the last days of summer. It is ending... the little kiddies are bugging their parents for all of the latest back to school gear and the latest in style gadgets in order to be cooler than the kid next door. I sound a bit bitter that summer is ending? Yep .... I love summer and hate winter  that is just the honest truth... it is not that I am a foreigner to the cold and ice of the northern hemisphere! I grew up in Connecticut where the winters are just as harsh as Wisconsin, but I still do not like to be cold! I do not like to have to stay indoors and stay put. I like to be on the go and to be around a lot of people. To be cooped up in my house with the dog and three cats and a man all day long, is not my idea of  a good way to spend my day. I already have a plan for this winter.... I am calling it my "plan to escape insanity".... I have several ideas for some children's books that I am working on and hopefully will actually get them written on the many snowy cooped up kind of days that I know we will have. Oh I am sure there will be a few of those snowy days when I will feel like pulling my hair out and will forget that I wrote this, but for now I am telling you, that when you feel poopy, and you think the field of green is virtually non existent ...remember that something good comes out of each day as we give our cares and disappointments to the only one who can do anything about them. God Himself. Face it ....no one else really wants to hear about all of your woes anyway... for the most part. I  am glad that when my field of green seems to have disappeared...He lovingly does something really amazing for me to remind me that He still is with me and cares.. nothing escapes His watchful eye and He will right the wrongs. It will all be clear one day.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them who love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Rom.8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share