Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Time For Something Good

I can hardly stand to watch the news anymore... there are so many negative disturbing events being brought to  our attention. I think as I watch ... it is time for something good! I am sick of hearing about all of this horrible news. Can they find something good to report?  The same holds true in my own personal life... sometimes I just get sick and tired of hearing about all of the negative news (gossip), that people have to tell. Is there never anything good to report? Why is it that people like to focus on the ugly side of life? When talking about a relative always have to tell you all of the "bad" things going on in their life but not one good thing? There must be something good ... somewhere...I suppose all of us at one time or another have been guilty of being the reporter and of being the receiver. Anyway you look at it.. it is time for something good! I for one, want to concentrate more on the positve things in my life and though it is difficult to find any sometimes... if I search hard enough I will find them! If I expect them from God then I do find them...and many times I have to just turn my back on the negative people around me and say I am not interested in what they have to say. It isn't worth the time it takes for them to say what they just said about so and so.  People tend to become negative busybodies in other peoples business when they don't have anything to do... so maybe you just need something constructive to do besides minding everyone else's business.  I love for my true friends to tell me they are praying for me... that is great and I am so thankful for those kind of friends... what I can't stand are people who use "prayer requests" as an excuse to get on the phone and gossip negatively about someone. I long for something good....The Psalmist also longed to see a sign of goodness from God.... He must have been feeling similar to what I am feeling.

Psalm 86:17 " Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you O Lord, have helped me and comforted me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share