Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crossed Paths

I am still amazed at times when I look over my life and see the many different people that have been in my life and have crossed paths with me at one time or another. some have only popped in for a second or two it seems and others have stayed on when I at times wished they would disappear! I believe there are very specific reasons why certain people cross paths and why they are in your life. The reason may not be all so evident at the time but as you look back it becomes more clear. Yesterday I had just got home from a failed fishing trip when I received a phone call from the hospital. A dear friend of mine was brought to the hospital by ambulance and had given my name as someone he knew would pray for him. I of course went right away to see how he was. I have only known him for a little over a year now but felt as though I had known him all of my life. He comes to our prayer group. Yes I said, "He". We have a ladies prayer group... but this man who is disabled, asked if he could join us and we said yes so ...in the process of allowing him to come this man who was abandoned at birth and placed in an orphanage in Chicago, and later adopted ...was saved as a result of us "letting him in" our group. He has the kindest heart of anyone I have ever met in my entire life. His family has pretty much abandoned and rejected him at one time or another, and he is virtually alone in this world. God put him in my path for a reason.... As I sat by his bed at the hospital last night I realized how God sees this man is so different than other people do. I wonder if we are looking at people through the right eyes? I hope I am. Maybe I need to pay more attention to the people who cross my path.... there is a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share