Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Worry Wart




I was talking to some ladies the other day and we all admitted  to being worry warts at one time or another. It is easy to do...there are always concerns and things on our minds that can cause us to be anxious and to fret and get upset. It is easy to lay awake all night long going over different scenarios in our wee little brains until we have a massive headache. A sweet older lady was talking about this very thing and mentioned that a very special verse had meant so much to her on a few such occasions lately when she found herself just way too anxious, worried and uptight. It has been a rebuke to me these past few days as I am well aware of this verse. One that was memorized many years ago. At times when I am especially longing for "peace" and "quiet" I really should remind myself of this instead of fretting and struggling to work everything out on my own.  Today...let's give it a try.."Alright, Lord...Here it is....I have this situation that I need you to work out!....Instead of me worrying and fretting today, help me to trust you to lead, guide, direct my paths, and provide the means for me to do what ever it is that you are expecting me to do!" Now..I plan on drinking a bit more coffee and getting on with my day.
              Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusteth in thee."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share