Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Not A Morning Person

Not a morning person? Hmmm. Have a few kids and you will soon become one. Your days of sleeping in are soon over once little junior arrives on the scene. I have never been a "morning" person really however, had two sets of twins plus one so didn't ever get a chance to not be a morning person ... it's just that a lot of those years of doing it I just didn't really feel like it! That's where the coffee habit came into play and the more I have aged the stronger my coffee has needed to be! Seriously though, I have learned that I cannot allow my natural feelings to dictate how my day is going to go. Naturally I kind of wake up a bit on the down side every day... not sure if this is "normal" or not or just part of "ME" but I have to pretty much fight this every day of my life. Maybe I am not alone and you also have this ...."Not a morning person" syndrome. The most beneficial thing I found that helps me get past my first twenty minutes is to take the time to sit with my cup of extra strong coffee and sip and pray and pray. God doesn't seem to mind that I am enjoying my coffee while talking to Him... and it does help me wake up. Just saying.... you don't have to "Play church" and get down on your knees and act all "holier than thou"! God sees you just the way you are anyway so why not just be yourself around  Him? If you can't be real with God you certainly can't be real with anyone else ... not even yourself. Sometimes I just sit quiet and don't even know what to say to God... it is at those times I know He is just sitting next to  me ... just there. I have discovered that even though I am not much of a morning person... God certainly is.
~ Psalm 5:3 "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you in expectation."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share