Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just A Matter Of Time

Seeing the bales of hay in the field and feeling the early morning chill in the air is a stark reminder that summer is drawing to a very quick end here in Wisconsin. It is a short season here but so appreciated especially by me! In just a matter of time the short season of summer will be over and the leaves will all be changed to a wide variety of colors across the top of this hill.  I have been outdoors, soaking up the fresh warm sunshine, as much as possible, for I know that shortly here, I will be all snuggled up on my sofa, wrapped in blankets, with the wood stoves fired up. Soon the dog and three cats will be laying around lazily, also not wanting to go outside in the cold! I am not an outdoor person when winter comes! I was quite surprised this morning when there was such a chill in the air. It really is beginning to feel more like fall. I even saw a few trees with red and orange leaves already! Of course the stores all have their ''Back to School" stuff out on display already and some even are putting out their Halloween stuff! Wow...nothing like rushing the seasons! I just want to make summer last as long as possible! Maybe we will actually get a very warm fall....all the way until Thanksgiving.... wishful thinking! All of this quick season changing here in Wisconsin makes me think that whatever I am going to get done I better hurry up and do it! I need to quit procrastinating things... I am pretty good at doing that...partly because I just don't feel well most of the time but sometimes just because I guess I figure I have plenty of time to get certain things accomplished. Boy... my life is just a few more seasons and then it is done... I had better hurry up and do whatever it is I am going to do .... make use of my time.... I don't have time to waste it on people who don't care for me or just want to find something to criticize me about. My clock is ticking ... and every minute that goes by is a minute that could be used for something positive. Even when I am just sitting here sick... I can write and encourage someone else, or pray for someone or give someone a call. 
                                                    "Teach me to number my days..." Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share