Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, August 4, 2011

What's So Funny

It's been awhile since I had a real laughing fit but there have been times when I have been so tickled by something that I just had to laugh and maybe couldn't stop. Usually it is when you are not supposed to be laughing... maybe it is "inappropriate" like at church...God forbid you should crack a smile or break out into a giggle! I honestly believe that some people think, the more sour and puckered up their face looks, the more spiritual they are, so they never smile or laugh. I have to laugh at people who go overboard on the serious... are they for real? I was wondering this morning about God and if He has a sense of humor. I answered my own question I guess, because the more I thought about this, the more I realized that He made us the way we are in the first place. We have the ability to laugh! Why would we have this if we weren't supposed to use it? It would be like putting a radio or CD player in a car but then saying "do not use", on it! Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you need to go around like the most sour- puss, serious person, on the face of the planet and scorn anyone else who seems to be the least bit joyful. Relax... it's OK to smile a little.... laugh a little... enjoy your life a little...God's idea of an abundant life that He gives us, is not sitting around being miserable, negative, worrisome, and depressed!                                                                                                                                      Psalm 126~ " Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share