Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, August 8, 2011

Let Him In The Boat

I am not a fan of row boats. I know they are a lot of hard work especially if you are rowing against the wind or trying to row upstream. I would rather just float down a river on a rubber raft on a calm sunny day, watching the clouds go by. At times in my life it has felt as if I have been rowing against the wind and no matter how hard the oars are dipping and pulling at the water around me, I just stay in the same place. The disciples once had the same problem after they went out into the boat on the lake. It seems they were fighting against the wind and struggling and Jesus saw them from the mountaintop where he was and actually walked on top of the water to get to them! I know many over educated theologians have at one time or another tried to explain this incident in the Bible away... I happen to believe it happened just the way it says. When He got to the boat where they were... He got in and the winds died down and they proceeded to the other side safely. What if they didn't let Him in the boat? Good question for myself....I guess it is a duh...moment...so many times I am just rowing away against the wind and there He is just waiting to get into the boat but I think I can handle it myself so continue to struggle needlessly.  Wow... OK.. I give up... I stop frantically rowing .... please get in the boat, Lord.... please, calm the storm... you can get me where I need to be much better than I can!

Mark 6:48 "He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them."
Mark 6:51 "Then He climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share