Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, August 5, 2011

I Beg Your Pardon....

"I beg your pardon... I never promised you a rose garden..." just a song from years past but I can't stop thinking of it. I just don't get it... why do some people think and act as if they are supposed to live a life free of sickness and pain just because they believe the Bible? No where in the Bible does it even teach this false doctrine. Just because you act pious and teach Sunday School and tell everyone you meet that you are a Christian doesn't mean that your life is going to be free of hardship. Who do you think you are, that you are not going to be sick at some point in this life? As long as we are breathing we are going to have some kind of trial going on either in our own personal life or in someone who is close to us. We are not immune from these troubles just because we can shout a "Hallelujah" louder than anyone else. Who ever told you that? Whoever it was, got it mixed up. God never promised us a problem free life... He did promise to go with us through the problems. He never promised to take them all away.... He does help us become the person He wants us to become through them. Our problems are not punishments as some teach... He is not a big, bad, boogey man in the sky waiting to pounce. Maybe that is the kind of father you were to your children so that is all you know how to compare ....but He is not like that from what the Bible teaches...if you really read it.
This is why, I do not agree with people who plead with God for Him to take away their sickness.. I do not do this. Maybe you disagree with me, but I figure if God allowed this it must be for a reason.  If He wants to heal me He certainly can and will in His timing. But for me to tell Him what to do is a bit too much for me! I have made that mistake before and it cost me a lot... so if I were you I would be very careful telling God what to do. God is God .... He can do whatever it is He wants to DO! He is the one at the potter's wheel... I am just the lump of clay. He knows how to make it into something more. Our life here on Earth is not going to be perfect so why are we so upset when it isn't? Learn to accept from His hand the good and the not so good or what seems not so good at the time. I have learned that sometimes the things that seem so horrible at the time ...later on actually have turned out to be a good thing. I understand a little better now why it was that after so much sickness and suffering Job was able to say...."though he slay me yet will I trust in Him." He learned this principle... that God does indeed see the whole picture and knows and wants whatever is BEST for me. I may not have a "rose garden" life but I was not promised one.
                                                                                                                                                                                  Job 23:10~ "But He knoweth the way that I take; when He hath tried me I shall come forth as gold."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share