Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Season Of Beauty

Awesome colors that make you step back for a moment and say "ahhh"! This is a changing season... a season of beauty before the cold and ice and dreariness of winter. I love the beauty of it! It reminds me of something talked about at our Bible study recently. Restoration... renewal...The seasons change so quickly. Fall soon turns into
Winter and I know, I sit longing what seems like an eternity, for Spring. Spring then, turns into the heat and humidity of Summer and we long once again for the coolness and crispness of Fall. After the beauty of these colored leaves they will soon begin to drop from their branches, but we know that restoration will take place and by next Spring new leaves will form, and by next Summer they will be bright green once again. I have seen many seasons come and go in my life. Some have been pretty harsh and bleak like Winter; however I have the hope that restoration and renewal is taking place.  I love the hope and promise that God will restore all that the stinking devil has stolen from me... what a great promise... and I am so ready to claim back all that is mine!
~Joel 2:23-26 "...rejoice in the Lord your God, for He has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before. The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil. I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten- the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm... my great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share