Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, September 9, 2011

What Are Your Plans?

What are your plans for today? How about tomorrow? Next week? Maybe you even have plans all made up for three or more months in advance. I find that next to impossible to do anymore.... I was sitting in the laundry mat yesterday trying to mind my own business but couldn't help but overhear a cell phone conversation of someone telling the person on the other end of all of the plans of various travel destinations that this couple was going to visit. The plans were in so much detail that it amazed me. It went something like this..."well by October we will be in Albuquerque, then we will be headed to here and then there and by thanksgiving we are going to stop in and eat at such and such a restaurant and then by Christmas we should be out in California.... Oh by the first of the year we will meet you in...." This person continued to talk and told of plans all the way up til March and April of this next year! I couldn't help but think to myself that with this sickness that I have, I have learned to take it one day at a time... I don't tend to make plans way ahead of time simply because I just don't know what each day will be like when I get up each morning. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have such great health that I could be on the go like that couple at the laundry mat! Anyway the thought also occurred to me that they may make their plans like that but they have no idea what may transpire from day to day that may interrupt that plan in some way. So I have this day....even in one day I have found that my plans can go awry so I dare not plan too far ahead....
~"Boast not thyself of tomorrow for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."
~"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share