Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Big Cover Up

How bout it....do we believe the Bible or not? Do we preach one thing and then do another when it comes to our own lives? Are we all just a bunch of pious hypocrites?  How about the verse that says," He that covereth his sin shall not prosper but he that confesses and forsakes it shall find mercy." When we do something wrong and always shift the blame to others or try to hide under the skirts of other people to cover us or shield us from the consequences of our own sins then we are just guilty of a big cover up! It is a coward who will not own up to what he or she has done and take responsibility for their actions. It takes guts and fortitude to stand up and say when you are wrong and when you have done some atrocious deed that is shameful... but if you want God's blessings on your life then this is exactly what He wants. I am sick and tired of people calling themselves fine Christians.... and then even when they are caught red handed doing something they deny it or shift the blame or try to get out of the consequences! Come on! Just admit it... take your lickings like a man and then maybe God will prosper you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share