Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Prefer Treat!

Halloween weekend is upon us! The little goblins will be running around our neighborhoods in hopes of filling up their little plastic pumpkins with all sorts of goodies that they can collect for free. Hopefully in a safe and fun way. It brings back a lot of fun memories for me as it was always one of my favorite holidays in spite of all of the over spiritual people who always tried to make it into "Satan's" holiday. I never saw it that way and still don't. I see it as a fun time to dress up into some character and be silly and go out and get as much free candy as you could possibly collect in the short time that you ran from house to house. When I was growing up we used the biggest pillowcases we could find and of course made sure that there were no holes in them. We always tried to go to the neighborhoods where the houses were closest together so we could cover more territory in our few short hours. I have to confess that even after I had children of my own... I was one of those adults who came to your house dressed up in costume and put my container out in front of you for candy too! That was part of the fun! Watching the disgusting look on some of your faces as you saw an adult acting like a child! I say to you.... lighten up. I had a lot of fun trick or treating with my four children and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Anyway, I guess the point of all of my ranting on this subject is that I was thinking about it today... since my friend knocked on my door yesterday and asked me what I was going to be for Halloween. For the first time in years, I hadn't even given it a thought. I no longer have any little kids to take out trick or treating so I just didn't even think about it. This friend and I trucked off down to the thrift store and found me something to wear. We giggled like two little kids as I tried the getup on right there in front of people at the store. Yeah, we got weird looks and snobby people snubbed at us for a few seconds but we didn't let that dampen our mood. I thought to myself as my friend left after we got back home and had some coffee and muffins, that really that is what friends are for. When we begin to forget how to enjoy the simple little fun things of life ....sometimes we just need someone to come along and say..."c'mon, let's go do this!"  For me... it was a real treat. Trick or Treat? I prefer Treat! Thank you Lord for the simple little treats you give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share