Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Friday, January 28, 2011

Wings As Eagles

One of the many perks of living here in the northwoods is the privilege of seeing eagles soaring freely in the sky above. I was driving down one of our snow covered country roads the other day, feeling so weary and worn out and just feeling like I could barely make it through my day. Right in front of my car came swooping down two eagles right across the road. I had to slow down my car in order to avoid hitting them. Their wing span was enormous and they looked so majestic and confident. They didn't even care that I was a threat. I immediately thought of the fact that God could give me the strength I needed and would help me. Isaiah 40:31 flashed through my brain..."They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Thank God for simple reminders of His presence and His help and strength that we so desperately need each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share