Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hunk of Junk

Years ago I took in a set of  four year old twins for awhile since their family was going through a crisis at the time. Since I already had twins I figured it would be a breeze...after all, I already knew all the tricks in the book, right? WRONG! Those two little rascals were the epitome of double trouble! They would kick and bite and cuss and scream to try to get their own way. One of them would repeatedly kick things and say, "You hunk of junk!".
Sometimes I have felt as if God should just give us a swift kick in the rear and say,"You hunk of junk! That's it! I'm done with you, you have messed up too many times, you don't listen to me, your life is shattered beyond repair!"
Instead, He looks down upon us with eyes of compassion and picks us up and starts putting the pieces of our lives back together one by one. He shows us mercy though we don't deserve it. He fixes our lives even if we think they are unrepairable! When other people would so much rather give us a swift kick in the rear and say,"You hunk of junk!" He gently reminds us that He is not finished with us and still has a plan to give us a future.   Jer. 29:11 "For I know the thoughts I think toward you,saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share