Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More Than A Word

Here it comes again already! Thanksgiving! It is so much more than a word. It is more than the anticipation of sitting down to a turkey dinner with all of the fixings. To me it should be a special day to set aside to acknowledge thanks,not that I am not thankful on other days, but it is good to think specifically about things I am thankful for. I am finding that when I take the time to actually sit down and think on this, I realize how very blessed I am. Try it... you will find out your life is not as bad as you may think. It is so much more than just being thankful for material things...they can be taken away. It is more than being thankful for friends. They often disappoint or betray or perhaps move away, or die. It is more than being thankful for family. They don't always meet up to our expectations or can't always be there when we want them to be. It is His presence that I am the most thankful for on this Thanksgiving.  Yes, I am thankful for all of the other many things and people in my life that I have been so blessed with, but as I think on what I am most thankful for over this past year.... it has been the presence of God.
~"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share