Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Plant Your Garden

I suppose that it's warm somewhere right now...but here in the Northwoods it is still Winter! Not exactly time to plant a garden. I definitely have the room for a garden however I  have to confess it is not on the top of my favorite's list! I did try my hand at it a few years ago and planted some tomatoes, green peppers, and  zucchini. I even tried watermelon...that was a flop!  The zucchini were monsters though, and since I am not a true lover of the stuff I think there are probably are few freezer burned bags of it left in my deep freezer right now! I was so excited when I saw those little plants actually had taken root and were surviving my non- green thumb! I have observed over my fifty years of life that whatever you plant does eventually grow......that applies to what we plant in our lives and the lives of others as well. We've all heard the saying, "what goes around, comes around.." ...same principle. Whatever we plant is what is going to grow...duh! It's a hard lesson to learn..and I have no idea why it takes some people longer to learn it than others but I guess I am one of those slow learners...If you plant kindness you are going to reap  kindness eventually, and if you plant abuse and destruction in anothers' life, then that is what you will eventually reap.. it is just a law of nature. But  every single spring especially here in Wisconsin, farmers are busy at work clearing their fields and getting ready to start all over again and plant a brand new crop! So, I can decide to plant a new bunch of seeds in my life in order to reap a right kind of harvest for my tomorrow! Seeds of  love, joy, peace, gentleness, self-control. are all things I need to be planting so that I can reap a great harvest. Galatians 6:7-10 " A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature,from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share