Welcome To My Green Pasture....

It is a place of quiet rest that I have found when I am writing. I hope that someone will find my musings helpful in some way.
Psalm 23:2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restoreth my soul."


My Green Pasture....

Monday, March 21, 2011

No Spring Chicken

I know I'm about to reveal my age...a no- no for most women! I grew up watching  the original episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show".  Aunt B was always one of my favorite characters. It seems to me that she was always the same age on the show.....old!  I remember one episode in particular when she wasn't feeling so well and  went to see the Dr. only to be told  she was no "spring chicken" any more.  Another birthday is fast approaching in a couple of days, and I can hardly believe I will be turning 51! I too, am realizing I am  no "spring chicken" any more! This has been a great year in many ways, but physically my body has started to fall apart like an old jalopy! I have felt like I just get one thing taken care of, then one more thing goes crazy! I have learned many practical lessons from my life which could fill many books should I choose to write them. One main thing that I have learned is that all through my life from start to now, I can look back and see God's hand on everything and see how and when He has worked things out . At times when I took a detour and got off the right path, He still worked out His plan and brought me back, time after time. He has never let go.  Psalm 71:6 "From my birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you."  
Psalm 71:17-18 " Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come."

No comments:

Post a Comment

my prayer

my prayer
Bookmark and Share